Technical Sales Representative Job Description Template
We are searching for a driven technical sales representative to join our dynamic team. The technical sales representative should have a clear understanding of the components of the products and the ability to demonstrate how they work. Your responsibilities will include establishing the needs of the customer and recommending and demonstrating products.
To be a successful technical sales representative, you should be able to develop an excellent rapport with your existing customers and source new clients. A top-notch technical sales representative should be knowledgeable about competing products and should have the ability to break down technical terminology to non-technical clients.
Technical Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Establishing the technical needs of the customer and suggesting appropriate products.
- Explaining complex technical information to customers in a way that is easily understandable.
- Following up with customers and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Keeping customers informed about new technological products.
- Compiling proposals and reports related to technical products.
- Ensuring that sales targets are consistently met.
- Reporting to management about sales made.
- Updating records of customer communications and contact information.
Technical Sales Representative Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in IT, business, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of sales or marketing experience.
- Technical knowledge and a comprehensive understanding of how the company products work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to identify and follow up on leads.
- Exceptional skills in selling products and closing deals.
- Knowledge of sales promotion techniques.
- Excellent presentation skills and a professional appearance.
- A valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel extensively.